Ready to take the next step toward transforming health care in your community? Fill out this form and one of our telemedicine experts will be in touch shortly to answer all of your questions.
Why Avera eCARE
What Is Telemedicine?
According to the American Telemedicine Association, telemedicine is the remote delivery of health care services and clinical information using telecommunications technology. Over half of all U.S. hospitals now use some form of telemedicine.
Through this rapidly growing approach to health care, professionals can evaluate, diagnose and treat patients from a distance in a safe, secure and cost-effective way.
Watch how Avera eCARE benefits a rural South Dakota community.
Benefits of Telemedicine
Lack of staffing, limited access to specialized care, avoidable hospitalizations and health care reimbursement are just a few of the challenges that health care facilities face today.
However – thanks to telemedicine – you no longer have to face these challenges alone. With the right partner, your health care facility can overcome them and experience benefits, such as:
- 24/7 access to medical specialists
- Enhanced confidence among staff, patients and families
- Improved ability to recruit and retain staff
- Improved efficiency and timeliness of care
- Improved quality of care, patient safety and performance on nationally reported metrics
- Increased admissions
- Reduction in medication errors and adverse drug events
- Reduction in staff burnout
- Reduction in unnecessary and costly transfers