Avera eCARE ICU
Provide your critically ill patients with 24/7 monitoring through Avera eCARE ICU. This innovative telemedicine model connects hospitals to board-certified intensivists for constant monitoring, faster interventions and lower risks from complications.
eCARE ICU by the Numbers
With more than 10 years of experience, it’s estimated that more than 1,300 patients who were predicted to die by standard mortality predictions have left the hospital alive, thanks to the collaborative eCARE ICU model.
During the last 12 months, we’ve experienced:
- 203 lives saved
- $11.2 million in costs saved
- 7,000 less days on the ICU through faster response times to complications
Your Intensive Care Challenge
Each year, hospital intensive care units (ICUs) across the United States admit more than 5 million critically ill patients.
When ICUs are staffed 24/7 by intensivists, costs and lengths of stay (LOS) are reduced. In fact, research shows that up to $13 million in annual hospital cost savings are realized when critical care is delivered by an intensivist-directed, multidisciplinary team.
Additionally, research estimates a 35 percent shortfall of intensivist hours by 2020. This is due to the increase in the demand for critical care services as a result of longer life expectancy, larger aging population and improvements in health care delivery combined with a shortage of support providers such as nurses, clinical pharmacists and respiratory therapists.
It’s an ongoing challenge for ICUs to provide intensive care coverage, let alone 24-hour coverage.
24/7 Intensivist Coverage for Your ICU
Count on eCARE ICU for the ongoing monitoring, on-demand consultation and immediate intervention that your hospital needs for its critically ill patients.
Avera eCARE’s interactive video, decision-support software and remote monitoring technology allow our critical care team to monitor trends in your patients’ vital signs. Meanwhile, sophisticated predictive analytics recognize and alert to subtle changes in patient status – allowing you to respond faster when a critical change occurs.
While eCARE ICU doesn’t replace bedside resources, it does support your team with:
- 24/7 immediate access to board-certified intensivists and medical professionals
- Continuous monitoring of patients
- Early intervention with physiological and lab changes
- Predictive analytics for proactive medicine
- Post-consult analysis for continuous quality improvement
- Rigorous adherence to evidence-based medicine
Our intensivists become credentialed and privileged at your facility, which also allows them to provide orders and care for patients as needed.
How ICUs Benefit from Telemedicine
eCARE ICU equips facilities with the support and expertise needed to achieve better outcomes for patients, improved ICU throughput and better support for staff. We can help you:
- Improve the use of evidence-based medicine
- Increase confidence among patients and families with the high level of care available
- Offer 24/7 support for your staff which reduces burnout, increases retention and improves recruitment
- Reduce ICU and hospital length of stay (LOS)
- Reduce rates of complications and mortality
- Reduce transfers, delivering an economic boost to your facility and community
Watch our eCARE ICU video to see how eCARE ICU supports and collaborates with your care team.
How eCARE ICU Works
- Our eCARE ICU team implements monitoring software and hardware into your ICU rooms.
- Once patients are admitted to the ICU, they receive around-the-clock monitoring from eCARE ICU’s board-certified intensivists and seasoned critical care nurses. eCARE ICU clinicians remotely view real-time patient information such as cardiac monitors, lab results, medications and care notes via electronic medical record interfaces and technology integration.
- Our eCARE ICU team performs rounds on every patient, ensuring adherence with evidence-based care bundles like sepsis, ventilator weaning protocols, DVT prophylaxis and stress ulcer prophylaxis.
- Our eCARE ICU team collaborates with your ICU team to assess patients and communicate interactively through high-definition video.
- For additional support, advanced video technology allows eCARE ICU clinicians to see close-up views of patient indicators like pupil size, skin color and settings on patient-support devices.
- Any change in the patient’s status notifies the eCARE ICU team and prompts them to review and respond to the patient’s new status.
- The eCARE ICU team will then alert bedside staff of any potential change that may require medical intervention to avoid any adverse health problems.
eCARE ICU services are ideal for rural hospitals, critical access hospitals, community and regional hospitals and health systems.
With over a decade of experience and dozens of hospital installations, we know that each ICU is unique. When you partner with eCARE ICU, we collaborate with you to develop a custom solution that meets your needs. Our team stands ready to respond immediately and provide as much or as little support as you require.
To learn more, request a free consultation with one of our eCARE ICU experts.