Avera eCARE® is here to be a resource for our partners as news of the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues.
Telehealth is poised as a solution to assist with early identification, isolation protocols and support during outbreaks.
These resources provide information on using our technology and guidelines for treating COVID-19.
New Normal Toolkits Provide Guidance for Business Leaders, Patients
Avera developed a pair of toolkits – one for patients and one for business leaders – to provide guidance on how to navigate our new normal while at work and in our communities.
Both toolkits include PDFs you can print or share electronically.
We also developed a sample email to share these toolkits with your connections.
Follow these guidelines to ensure your equipment is properly sterilized.
Due to worldwide shortage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during the COVID-19 pandemic, the allocation of PPE continues to be reduced. As good stewards of resources, all staff are being called upon to conserve PPE to protect the supply as long as possible.
Please review these documents for additional helpful information.
Service-line specific guidelines
Telehealth Reimbursement Changes
CMS will now pay for more than 80 additional services when furnished via telehealth. This includes expanding telehealth reimbursement for:
- Emergency Department Visits, Levels 1-5
- Observation and Hospital care
- ICU / NICU / PICU care
- Nursing Facility Visits
- Home Visits and Domiciliary / Custodial Care services
- Radiation Treatment Management services
- Medicare beneficiaries can receive telehealth services regardless of where they are located.
- Clinician can provide services to both new and established patients.
- PT/OT/ST practitioners and their services are now approved for e-visits (Medicare) and telehealth (for some commercial payers).
- The therapist needs to be licensed in the state the patient resides in.
- Licensing boards may change this in the future.
- Regulatory visits for nursing home residents can be provided via telehealth if appropriate.
- For End Stage Renal Disease patients, “hands on” monthly visit is not required.