Avera eCARE Senior Care
Count on Avera eCARE™ Senior Care to be a 24/7 extension of your local care team through innovative programs including:
Your Senior Care Challenge
In the United States, 15 percent of our population is made up of older adults. Yet only 0.025 percent of U.S. physicians are geriatricians whose care is associated with fewer emergency department visits, reducing the cost of care by 10 percent per year.
In addition, Medicare reports 48.2 percent of transfers to local emergency departments result in a hospitalization that could have been avoided through earlier intervention.
Comprehensive Care for Seniors
Provide improved access to health care services while enhancing the quality of care and quality of life for your staff and residents with Avera eCARE’s telemedicine services. Our programs offer:
- 24/7 access to a geriatric-trained team, including urgent care
- Advance care planning consultations
- Assistance with medication questions and other concerns
- Avoidance of unnecessary transfers
- Coordinated care with primary care physicians
- Earlier treatment for acute conditions
- On-site assessments and specialized care from a geriatrician
- Oversight from a geriatric-trained physician who can take on the Medical Directorship role at your facility to ensure regulatory compliance beyond minimum standards
- Staff empowerment and education
During the last 12 months we've:
- Responded to 1,965+ encounters per month across 67+ facilities
- Avoided transfers – 90 percent of urgent care encounters are able to be treated at the long-term care facility with eCARE Senior Care
- Provided education on wound care, head-to-toe assessments, INTERACT, advance care planning, pharmacy interventions and much more.
Experienced Geriatric-Trained Team
When you partner with eCARE Senior Care, you’ll benefit from direct access to an experienced team, including:
- Board-certified geriatricians
- Certified nurse practitioners
- Geriatric-trained pharmacists
- Licensed social worker
- Psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Registered nurses with gerontological certifications
How eCARE Senior Care Works
Our eCARE Senior Care team integrates high-definition telemedicine equipment into your long-term care facility. We gain access to your electronic medical records to view patient history and information, as needed.
Our collaborative process begins with an eCARE Senior Care interdisciplinary review of each admission. All recommendations and orders are then shared with both your long-term care facility staff and the patient’s primary care physician. If necessary, a video consult is arranged.
During a video consult, bedside staff may use diagnostic medical equipment such as a stethoscope or handicam that transmits to an eCARE Senior Care specialist.
In addition to a comprehensive medication review by our specialized pharmacist, other specialists, such as behavioral health providers, social workers and geriatricians are available for consults.
Our staff is also available for consults on a routine or as-needed basis for more urgent concerns.
Learn more about how eCARE Senior Care works by watching our video and hearing what some of our eCARE Senior Care residents and clients have to say.
When you partner with eCARE Senior Care, your staff will be equipped with the support it needs to avoid unnecessary transfers and reduce hospital emergency department visits and readmissions, which promote healing and comfort for your residents.
In addition, you’ll be strategically aligned to achieve the goals of value-based purchasing: delivering better health care, spending health care dollars more wisely and experiencing better health outcomes.
eCARE Senior Care involves a vulnerable population that tends to be underserved while local providers are busy with clinic and hospital care. Ensure that your residents receive the 24/7 expert care of a board-certified geriatrician they need, when they need it, with eCARE Senior Care Geriatrics Program.
Our team works with long-term care leadership and staff, hospital discharge personnel, residents and their families, home health agencies and assisted living facilities to ensure that the highest standards of geriatric care are met.
Benefit from Our Geriatric Specialists
Our experienced geriatricians offer invaluable insight for the aging population. Their familiarity with the unique needs of patients in senior care settings equips them to provide a variety of specialized services on your behalf. Count on them to:
- Accept all patients in need of an attending physician
- Complete on-site regulatory visits
- Manage multiple conditions and co-morbidities
- Perform on-site assessments for patient admissions
- Provide on-site history and physical assessment
- Review resident’s BIMS, PHQ9, progress notes, MDS, ADL outcomes, and physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy evaluations
Your residents, your team and your bottom line will benefit from our geriatrics services. Many of our clients experience:
- Assurance that advance care plans and wishes of family and resident are followed
- Earlier treatment for acute conditions and improved health outcomes
- Effective management of multiple conditions and medications
- Reduced cost of care to patients
- Reduced emergency room visits
Long-Term Care Program
Allow your residents to stay in a familiar, home-like environment while receiving the health care services they need when you offer eCARE Senior Care Long-Term Care Program at your facility.
24/7 Expert Care for Long-Term Care Facilities
Long-term care residents tend to be underserved when local providers aren’t able to respond to nursing home requests as quickly as needed to avoid an emergency room visit. The resulting transfers hinder their healing and well-being while greatly adding to the expense of care.
Instead of transferring your residents, call on our long-term care team with the simple push of a button. Our team collaborates with your facility staff to accurately assess residents’ conditions from hundreds of miles away through Avera eCARE’s innovative telemedicine technology.
In addition to 24/7 care for urgent or acute conditions, count on our team to:
- Allow residents to receive high-quality care in their home setting
- Boost patient well-being and family satisfaction
- Empower long-term care staff by providing coaching, education and encouragement
- Help ensure earlier treatment for acute conditions
- Reduce costly and exhausting transports
- Reduce unnecessary emergency room visits and hospitalizations
- Provide access to a board-certified geriatrician and other geriatric specialists
- Provide access to care that may otherwise be unavailable due to scheduling or weather
Medical Directorship Program
Free up time for local physicians while also ensuring requirements are met within your senior care facility when you partner with eCARE Senior Care Medical Directorship Program.
Expert Geriatric Oversight
Through Avera eCARE’s advanced two-way video equipment, our geriatric-trained physician can seamlessly take on the Medical Directorship role at your facility. Increase productivity and efficiency among your staff, while our physician ensures that best practices and established protocols are being followed in order to meet regulatory compliance beyond minimum standards.
Comprehensive Medical Directorship Services
You’ll benefit from our experienced geriatrician’s ability to perform a wide variety of services on your behalf. Count on our physician to:
- Attend Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) meetings
- Be involved in the survey process and plan of correction
- Collaborate with facility, staff and practitioners
- Coordinate medical care
- Establish and apply monitoring systems, effective documentation and follow-up of findings
- Guide implementation of resident care policies
- Improve physician compliance with regulations
- Investigate quality issues to improve care
- Provide clinical guidance and maintain current standards of practice
- Provide education to providers
To learn more about our eCARE Senior Care programs, request a free consultation.