Improve the use of antimicrobial medications, enhance patient outcomes and reduce resistance to antibiotics through antimicrobial stewardship. Avera eCARE ePharmacy provides the support you need to create, implement and maintain an antimicrobial stewardship plan.
Reduce Antimicrobial Resistance
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, The Joint Commission and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that all health care settings use antimicrobials judiciously in order to reduce the likelihood of antimicrobial resistance.
When you partner with ePharmacy’s Antimicrobial Stewardship program, you’ll benefit from the expertise of our licensed and hospital-trained pharmacists who can:
- Verify that antimicrobials prescribed for common infections (urinary tract infection, pneumonia, skin and soft tissue infection, clostridium difficile, methacillin-resistant staph aureus, etc.) comply with standards , clinical guidelines and protocols in your institution
- Follow culture results to ensure the organism is covered by the antimicrobial regimen and to suggest a more narrow-spectrum treatment, if appropriate
- Ensure appropriate dosing of agents based upon renal and hepatic function
- Provide patient-specific pharmacokinetic dosing, such as aminoglycosides or vancomycin
If your facility does not have an on-site pharmacist, ePharmacy can also complete an antibiotic review within 48 hours to achieve compliance with the antibiotic time out.
Consult with our ePharmacy Team
You can also reach out to our ePharmacy team on a consulting basis for:
- Antibiogram review
- Participation on an interdisciplinary antimicrobial stewardship team
- Therapeutic interchange policy