Providing effective health services to residents in long-term care facilities requires sensitivity to their unique needs. To support optimal healing and wellness for members of this vulnerable and often underserved population, the best approaches focus on proactive medical care to avoid unnecessary transfers, hospitalizations and readmissions.
eLongTermCare (eLTC) provides urgent care and specialty virtual visits for residents at long-term care facilities.
During the last 12 months we’ve:
- Responded to 1,100+ encounters across 30 facilities.
- Avoided as many as 300 potential transfers.
- Served 2,100+ residents.
How do you support the health and well-being of the residents in your facility?
Your Long-Term Care Challenge
15% of the U.S. population is made up of older adults. Yet only … .025% of U.S physicians are geriatricians—doctors who specialize in health care for the elderly.
Geriatrician-supported care is associated with fewer emergency department visits, reducing the cost of care by 10 percent per year. Medicare reports 48.2 percent of transfers to local emergency departments result in a hospitalization that could have been avoided through earlier intervention.
Partner with eLTC to provide access to urgent care and medical specialty services through interactive video technology located at your long-term care facility.
How eLTC Works
- Our eLTC team integrates high definition telemedicine equipment into your long-term care facility. We gain access to your electronic medical records to view patient histories and information, as needed.
- The collaborative process starts with a two-way video visit between your resident and the geriatric specialists at our eLTC hub. The eLTC multidisciplinary care team conducts a thorough intake visit and makes recommendations for the resident’s care plan.
- Bedside staff may also use diagnostic medical equipment such as a stethoscope or otoscope that transmits to an eLTC specialist.
- In addition to a comprehensive medication review by our specialized pharmacist, other specialists are available on a consult basis.
- Our staff is also available for video check-ins on a routine or as-needed basis for more urgent concerns.
Collaborate for Personalized Care
We collaborate with your team to provide:
- Urgent care visits to respond rapidly and help avoid emergency room admissions when possible
- eConsult services for scheduled specialty care
- Admission coordination and transitional care
- Education and tools to help your staff look for early symptoms, build assessment skills, recognize issues and provide proactive care for your residents
- Transitional care setup to facilitate residents’ return home
We recognize that eLTC may not be appropriate in all instances. When we receive a request for an appointment, we review the details of the situation and decide whether to use eLTC, see the patient in person or assist in transferring the patient to an emergency room.
Benefit from eLTC
As an eLTC partner, your facility benefits from 24/7/365 access to a skilled group of geriatric-trained clinicians and support staff.
Improve quality of care at your facility and help increase or maintain Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) five-star ratings.
Reduce avoidable hospital emergency department visits and readmissions.
Have 24/7 access to an expert team of health professionals, including:
- A full-time, board-certified geriatrician serving as medical director
- A full-time, geriatric-certified pharmacist
- Advanced practice providers
- Registered nurse (RN) coordinators
Receive medication review and reconciliation by a geriatric-certified pharmacist; ensures order review before administration and considers prescriptions received from all providers.
Receive support for value-based purchasing by reducing hospitalizations, readmissions and emergency department visits that also help your facility retain revenue.
Receive frequent reporting from eLTC on operational metrics for nursing home compare scores and patient encounters we monitor to assist your decision-making strategies.
We’ll work with your team to implement a set of proven practices and set your facility up for long term success:
- Pre-Launch: Develop a priority map and step-by-step rollout strategy.
- During Launch: Assist with assessment, implementation, training and eLTC site certification of each site.
- Post-Launch: Supply monthly reporting, ongoing education and recommendations to continually improve processes and delivery of care. The strength of our standardized processes and relationships will ensure success for your facility in growing its network.
What Our eLongTermCare Residents and Clients Say