In emergency situations such as stroke, heart attack, trauma or serious injury, every second counts. Partner with eEmergency for a fast response and quick specialty intervention to help your patients achieve better outcomes as you avoid unnecessary transfers, reduce costs and support your staff.
Since the launch of eEmergency in 2009, board-certified ER physicians have delivered immediate, supportive care to emergency departments at 137 hospitals across the country.
Within the last 12 months, we’ve experienced:
- $3.5 million in cost savings
- 700+ potential patient transfers avoided
- 7,700+ video encounters
- 21 minute reduction in door to physician, when local ER providers aren’t immediately available.
Your Emergency Department Challenges
- Community hospitals—including critical access hospitals—typically lack access to the medical resources and specialty expertise found at major trauma centers. Many do not have dedicated on-site emergency physicians or access to specialists.
- Tertiary care centers often need help covering surges 24/7/365.
- Local practitioners can quickly burn out from the responsibility of being the solo emergency room provider, without a colleague to collaborate with on the toughest cases.
Support your providers with around-the-clock, immediate access to eEmergency’s board-certified emergency medicine physicians. They serve as a second set of eyes and ears and collaborate with your facility’s team in the wide variety of emergency situations you may encounter.
Benefit from eEmergency
As an eEmergency partner, you’ll benefit from our experience. Take advantage of our services in order to:
- Avoid costly transfers and retain revenues in your facility.
- Enhance emergency care in your community.
- Improve your ability to recruit and retain top-quality medical staff.
- Improve quality of care, performance on nationally reported metrics and adherence with evidence-based medicine through our protocol and scripting programs.
- Participate in live, monthly education events. These events are tailored to the requests of our rural emergency room partners. CNEs, CEUs, CMEs are also available as a growing library of taped events.
- Transfer the right patients faster and more easily.
Learn more by viewing our eEmergency infographic, watching testimonials and reading what some of our eEmergency clients have to say.
Strategic Partnership for Emergencies
eEmergency services are ideal for critical access hospitals, community and regional hospitals, health systems, long-term care and correctional facilities. You can also customize the amount of support you receive based on your facility’s needs.
Our team stands ready to respond immediately and provide as much or as little support as you require for services such as:
- Complex emergency cases
- Immediate medical direction
- Ordering diagnostic testing while waiting for the bedside provider to arrive
- Expediting air ambulance
- Nursing documentation
- Emergency specialty consults
Whether the situation requires transfer arrangements, triage or life-saving measures, we provide the expert support that helps your staff keep their heads and hands in direct patient contact.
How eEmergency Works
- Our eEmergency team implements secure, interactive, high-definition video and audio equipment and software into your emergency rooms and trains your staff.
- When your providers need emergency assistance, they simply push a button to connect 24/7/365 with our board-certified, emergency physicians and critical care nurses, who respond immediately from our virtual hospital hub.
- eEmergency staff clarify what level of support is being requested. We can help with as much or as little as needed.
- We pull up your emergency department’s profile. We have the staff lists, phone numbers, medications, supplies, equipment, EMR/PACS access and procedures in front of us so that we can operate seamlessly as a member of your team.
- After the visit, we fax documentation and orders to you to include in the medical record. Debriefing services are also available as needed.
- Ongoing quality improvement reporting helps you view performance on key chest pain, stroke, sepsis, and emergency airway metrics.
Well before the roll-out of eEmergency services to your community, we work together to establish positive and productive collaborative relationships between our teams. Our physicians become part of your local medical staff, credentialed and privileged to direct patient care and support you in delivering comprehensive emergency care.
eEmergency doesn’t replace the bedside physician and team; we supplement your current staff to provide the best possible care for your patients. We respond directly to their request for assistance and tailor our approach on a patient-by-patient basis.
eEmergency Testimonial Videos
eEmergency Research & Publications
Learn more about eEmergency services through our research and publications: